Your First Week
Get a Permanent Parking Permit
Online through your Parking Account (as available)
At our business office located at 2401 Redondo Dr. NE (in the Cornell Parking Structure)
To be seen in person you will need to schedule an appointment by email at email@example.com or by calling the parking office directly during business hours (Monday through Friday, 7:30am-5pm) at (505) 277-1938.
- MAIN CAMPUS & HEALTH SCIENCES CENTER
- Employee ID
- Offer letter/contract
- Vehicle make, model and license plate number
- Vehicle registration
- Method of payment (credit card, cash, or ask about payroll deduction)
- Parking & Transportation Services (PATS) Office:
- 2401 Redondo Drive NE, across from the UNM Bookstore
- Monday – Friday, 7:30 am – 5:00 pm
- BRANCH CAMPUSES
Check with your Supervisor
- Tour the UNM campus(s) where you will work
- Tour your building to locate restrooms, break areas, fire exits, & conference and supply rooms
- Ask for an organizational chart to learn your department’s reporting structure
- Learn your department’s mission, vision, values, goals, policies, and procedures
- Find out specific functions of your department
- Meet your coworkers and the department leadership team
With your supervisor:
- Review your job duties, responsibilities, expectations, and goals
- Discuss the performance standards for your position
- Discuss your work schedule
- Discuss expectations regarding attendance
- Review the Department Safety Plan and find out if you are a designated or non-designated employee in emergency situations
- Discuss how inter-office mail and university mail is handled within your department
- Discuss how to request annual/sick leave
- Learn how to clock in/out (if applicable) and how to approve your timecard
- Update worksite address in Demographic Self-Service, if working 100% remote in-state or out-of-state. Go to unm.edu> Enter Loboweb > Personal Information > Addresses and Directory Information > Demographic Information > Worksite Address
Have You Enrolled in Your Benefits?
Remember your benefits enrollment deadlines and procedures! Make your enrollment choices within 60 calendar days from date of eligibility.
- Visit the Eligibility and Enrollment webpages on the HR website for details and benefits enrollment forms.
Contact Benefits & Employee Wellness at firstname.lastname@example.org for questions.