Your First Three Months
Familiarize yourself with these resources and opportunities
- Lobo Perks: Community & Commercial Discounts for UNM Employees at loboperks.unm.edu
- Counseling, Assistance, and Referral Services (CARS): Professional, confidential source of help for UNM staff/faculty who are experiencing personal life concerns. A monthly newsletter, The Frontline Supervisor, is available for Supervisors.
505-272-6868 | cars.unm.edu
- Employee & Organizational Development (EOD): Offers free training classes, workshops, and consulting services for departments and individuals.
505-277-1555 | hr.unm.edu/eod
- Benefits & Employee Wellness: Provides benefits programs and wellness services to support your UNM employment experience and improve your overall wellbeing.
505-277-6947 | firstname.lastname@example.org
505-272-4460 | email@example.com
- FastInfo: A UNM “How to” database at unm.custhelp.com
- Important Links for UNM Faculty and Staff: unm.edu/faculty-and-staff
- IT Services:
- Discounted Microsoft Office (PC/Mac) and Windows at UNM Bookstore bookstore.unm.edu
- Free UNM antivirus software for PC/Mac: it.unm.edu/download
- LoboMobile smartphone app: a University-wide mobile initiative to aggregate and deliver useful, usable, mobile-appropriate content to the UNM community, locally and worldwide. Visit lobomobile.unm.edu
- LOBO Club: A non-profit organization that raises funds necessary to provide financial support for student athlete scholarships, facilities, and programs that support student athlete success.
505-925-5014 | unmloboclub.com
- Office of Equal Opportunity (OEO): Serves UNM’s students, faculty, and staff by promoting equal access to treatment for all. OEO promotes an environment free of discrimination and inequity in accordance with University values and policies, and with federal and state equal opportunity and affirmative action statues and regulations.
505-277-5251 | oeo.unm.edu
- Ombuds Services for Staff: Ombuds serves as neutral and non-judgmental mediators or facilitators for issues raised by staff.
505-277-2993 | ombudsforstaff.unm.edu
- Safety & Risk Services: UNM department covering occupational and safety training, environmental affairs, insurance, and risk management.
505-277-2753 | srs.unm.edu
- University Administrative Policies and Procedures: policy.unm.edu/university-policies/index.html
- University Club: Brings faculty and staff together in a comfortable setting providing an area for receptions, lunch and beverage service, and social events.
505-277-0045 | universityclub.unm.edu
- UNM Child Care: The Children’s Campus provides the children of UNM’s student, staff, and faculty parents with a high-quality early childhood experience. The Campus is a site for UNM student and faculty research, observation, and practicum.
505-277-3365 | childcare.unm.edu
- UNM Continuing Education: Offers a wide variety of classes covering technical skills, professional development, and personal interest topics. Some are tuition remission eligible.
505-277-0077 | ce.unm.edu
- UNM Copy Center: Provides state-of-the-art production publishing, copies, graphic design, poster mounting, full range bindery, and other services.
505-277-8267 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- UNM Institutional Policies and Procedures: policy.unm.edu
- UNM Recreational & Fitness Opportunities:
505-277-0178 | recsvcs.unm.edu
- UNM Staff Council: Serves as the voice for staff in shared governance at UNM by conveying information and making recommendations to the President and Board of Regents regarding interests and concerns of staff.
505-277-1532 | staffcouncil.unm.edu